Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Think, I Dream, I Believe, I Speak.

So many people tell me to be quiet, tell me that I'm too young to understand or that I shouldn’t be giving my opinion. As they tell me all these things I become shyer and shyer until I obey and stop speaking. Now I see that I am a real coward. How can I think in such way, how can I let people engrave such nuisance into my head. I respect my father, my mother and my elders, but that doesn’t mean that children think differently or that we as children don’t have the right to speak. I am free to believe whatever I want, it doesn’t matter what’s in my head, and no soul can stop me from doing so. There must be a reason why God gave us the gift of talking from such a young age. For I believe that as we become older, we learn about life and about people. And as we mature, our thoughts have more meaning. Our thoughts have always had a meaning and an importance, but as we mature and grow they develop into strong statements. Grown-ups wait until children are a certain age and then they actually pay attention to these concerns in life. But what adults don’t understand is if they would truly listen, one day these thoughts may be global issues. And parents can be proud because they were supportive, supportive of a person’s thoughts, even if it was just a child’s. This is what Voices of Our Youth means to me; it is a place made by us and directed by us, the children, where you are entertained and enlightened by our speeches.

Do you want to change the world? It isn’t hard; you just need hope, determination and courage. Just open your mind and speak up, ensure that all can listen.

If you would like to help us make a difference in the lives of the orphans and people of La Paz and Haiti, you can purchase a ticket or make a donation by contacting us at 2792302 or 2794750 ext 203.
Or check our website and donate online at http://vooylp.yolasite.com

Voices Of Our Youth
“Our Voice is Hope. Our Hope is Change.”
March 25, 2010

http://vooylp.yolasite.com

-Grade Eight student

No comments: