Friday, February 27, 2009

The Meaning of VOOY

The Meaning of VOOY

Have you ever heard of kids who aren’t taken seriously and truly these kids are right? I am one of those kids/teenagers. This is why VOOY is so important to me, and it should be to my classmates. VOOY stands for “Voices of Our Youth” and the reason it’s important to me is because it’s the only time that I’m taken very seriously.

In this event, all of the kids in 7th and 8th grade present our opinions on matters of life and the world. We all work for a reason: helping Virgen de Fatma orphanage and Para Los Niños. Last year we were able to help build another house for the orphans and they were very thankful. We visited the orphans and we saw how much they appreciated what they had, so we donate all the money raised to help make the orphanage better. I know the people who come to VOOY will be entertained and they will see how our opinions on matters can make a difference.

If you would like to help us make a difference by purchasing a ticket or making a donation, please contact: Jessica Delgado, School Counselor 279-2302 ext. 219 or jdelgado@acslp.org

-8th grade student

Voices of Our Youth.
“I am the one whose voice can change the world.”
March 5, 2009.
ACS
19:00 P.M.

No comments: