Sunday, February 7, 2010

today and every day...

Sometimes I feel as though if I am writing here, it has to have some weight, some bearing. I don't like wasting people's time to read something that doesn't say something "important" or thoughtful. Sometimes I wonder what really meets those requirements. Truly, if you are reading this you are probably close enough to me that you are just checking to make sure that I am still alive and Bolivia hasn't imploded yet. Well, it hasn't, if you are wondering.

The presidential elections have come and gone and the incumbent government continues to gain strength. The country is evolving and as it is everywhere else in the world, only time will tell where we will be in the future.

And with that, time will tell where we all will be in the future...trust and obey...
So I am well and the year is off and running. There is much in store and I look forward to experiencing each moment. My goal is to live in the moment this year, as I am more aware of my blessings and treasures in life today, as my time in Bolivia is waning. If you haven't officially heard, I have been accepted and will be attending Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, next year. I look to the future with joy and anticipation, yet live for today, with hope to not miss a thing!

Voices of our Youth is up and running for its 3rd year and the high schoolers are spear-heading the movement! The middle school students have voted that 70% of the proceeds will go to Bolivia: the orphanage we have been supporting as well as a local community that has been wiped out due to rains and landslides. More houses are lost each day as the rain is relentless right now. The other 30% of the funds raised are going to Haiti. The kids have spoken and their voices will be heard on Thursday, March 25. In the last two years we have raised close to $5,000 and this year we are able to accept international donations through our newly created PayPal account and web page, thanks to our students and administration! The students are in the process of finalizing the web page and it will be up and running quite soon. I am proud of their hearts and their efforts. They are passionate and are ready to change the world, here and abroad. I hope and pray that their passion never dies. They motivate me to keep mine burning!
I hope too that you are alive, well and passionate, wherever you may find yourself in life.
Grace and blessings to you this day and every day.

No comments: