Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Are you serious, God?

Every night when I lay down for the night directly above the head of my bed (where you might hang a painting in your bedroom, above your bed) I have a permenant painting, one of mountains over 14,000 feet tall and covered in the lights of small homes and businesses. I found myself saying last night as I laid down, "Are you serious? You made those?" Wow. School was a little intense yesterday, lots to do and students arrive on Monday. More meeting the rest of the week, but time to be in our classrooms as well. Everyone at the school is extremely kind. Most of them have been to at least one other international school, so they understand what it is like to be new...in all senses. Just as I was writing this, two ladies from the elemntary (which is all the campus) cam over to ask me about church asn youth group. :) It was great to hear from them and I think we may start a book study as well (with the ladies) I told them I wanted to make sure that I could handle things before I committed to anything, but that I def. wanted to be involved....so again, I come back to the statement...are you serious, God. He is so big and such a provider. I have been praying for community, for others Christians and they come walking into my room. How awesome. Matt. 7:7, ask and it will be given unto you, knock and the door will be answered. My door was opened and these ladies came straight through it. So right when I start getting a little worried, he is right there, holding me tight. Well...time to work, i have a meeting in a half an hour. Blessings to all of you.

2 comments:

Doby said...

You'll do fine. Like you told me God is always with you.

Jessica said...

I'm so happy you're finding a home, a community, and just how big God is. :-) I can see through your words that you're growing and learning about his faithfulness, too. Yay! Take lots of pictures! :-)