Monday, August 6, 2007

Settling in...

Well, it has been said that Jessica (the new guidance counselor) and I, have accomplished more than most in our first two days here. Today is day 3 and I am writing from my classroom. I have been to the crazy black market and got all my appliances, TV, DVD, Iron, Toaster, Microwave, Coffee Marker and to the grocery store...I felt like I was there forever. Everyone is SOOOO kind and very helpful. Jessica is fluent in espanol so that makes my life easier. I am looking to get into classes asap. I have already learned a lot just being here. I am posting more pics to my facebook, so if you can get on, that is the place to see some more pics....I am trying to figure our an easier way to post for all to see. I am very excited about school. we begin meeting tomorrow and the students come on Monday...can we say time crunch? There is quite a bit to get accomplished. Lucky, I can use materials from home. Peter, the principal and superintendent, invited us over for dinner last night. Rachel and Steve were there as well as jessica and the other tech teacher, his wife and kids. The food was amazing and the company was great. It was good to see how laid back and caring the community is. Also, I went to church yesterday which brought tears to my eyes. I felt so somfortable and so at home. I think I am going to find a home there. It was a great mix between tradition and contemporary worship. Take care...Adios.

2 comments:

Doby said...

I'm so gald your loving it I can't wait to hear about your class so I'll talk to you later.

the kilted one said...

glad to hear all is well. i'll have to hit up your facebook ad check the pictures out.

you could put pictures on a flickr account and then throw them on our message board. fire me an email if you need the url