Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Curious?!

Well, school has started and things are great. The kids are doing well and things are going very smoothly. For all of the new things I have to learn, ther is always someone staopping by and asking how I am or if I need any help. The school runs on a rotating schedule so that the students will receive year round programming instead of concentrated nine week periods. We have A-H days so I don't see every class every day, but I see most 3 days a week for an hour a piece. All classes are actually 65 minutes, no matter the subject. It works well. I like the time periods quite a bit. 90 minutes could be long some days last year and this is enough that you can really get into things and apply what the student is learning, yet not get too bored. The students have been very kind and hardworking so far. I have 2 grade 7 english classes, 2 grade 8 english classes and a rotating 6/7 tech and 8 tech. I teach tech 3 days a week, but see a different group each time and see them all year long.
The ood has been good and I live in an area that I can walk to just about anything that I need. I can go "uptown" which is what we could call "downtown" if I want to get something a little harder to find. There are a couple cool coffeehouses right in the area and also lots of nice little places to eat out. It is chilly in the morning and at night, being that it is winter here. I am receiving some ore furniture for my TV/office room this week as well as my internet connection. I have been using the internet at school. I can do most everything from my laptop b/c the school is wireless. (pretty cool, eh?)
Really though, this is probably the smoothest transition I could imagine. I got to go to a spinning class at a gym on Monday night with some girls from school and went for a 20 minute run yesterday. I also went out looking around and shopping on my own too.
I will probably start my spanish lessons next week. I can get a taxi and get home all by myself, so that is a start.

I hope this finds people well in the states. I think of you all often. It is really wonderful here, I wish that you could all come exerience it. (You're more than welcome.)

2 comments:

Doby said...

Lyns the whole youth group wants to come down and see you we've been talking about it quite often actually. I'm glad your making a goo transition since we haven't been able to talk in the last couple days. Oh and Tera wnats me to tell you that She loves and misses you. Well I guess I'll talk to you later.

Barbara Saifman said...

Hi Lyndsey: Greetings from ole Painesville, OH. Enjoyed reading your blog and viewing the beautiful pictures. Have always believed that God speaks directly through the beauty, cycles, harmony and lessons of nature. We are meant to be different and discover our own faith journey. Unfortunately the human demagogue need for power & control can often confuse that effort. Follow your heart-----faith truly does moves mountains. You have already discovered it is the foundation brick that gives life purpose. You ARE on your way------enjoy the ride!!! Love & Hugs, Barb Saifman