Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day 2

Today I have to say was kind of a rough start. my body was tired. Really, things are good, but still getting used to things. After I had my Starbucks, (yes they do have Starbucks!) and got to worship, thigns started to come together. athe first speaker was great and it continued to get better and better! Ty on the high side, I totally got to hang out with Nick today and we heard two unbelievable speakers. I made sure to give the Bobcats a shout-out for you! One of the sessions was on postmodernism and the other on the heart and roles of a leader. The first was a UK staffer....very cool and the other was from Nigeria. WOW! They both really blew my mind. The heart and role of the leader really got my attention. He kept repeating himself...the heat of leadership is the state of the heart of the leader. Is your heart aligned with God's? It is not what is seen or done that makes a good leader, but where the heart of the leader is...and his/her heart will be seen through the relationships that he/she has with those who "follow." By the way, if this at all sparks your attention, you can get the nitty-gritty at www.cm20007.net There ARE PODCASTS! You can check all of this out. SWEET! Hey can someone make sure tat my mom is reading all this, I haven't gottne an email back from her. I love you guys.

OH! And Matt Cable and I totally went swimming in teh Sea of Japan tonight at like 10:00 pm....it might have been raining and we may have gotten whistled out, but it was completely safe, mom, I swear.... :) As Matt put it, you only get these opportuities once. ANd by the way, it was WAY warmer than Lake Erie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rebels!!!! i'm glad you're having fun! and hanging out with nick!?!? very jealous. thanks for keeping us posted! doby announced in church today that you were there safely, we miss you! we're going to do 707 and maybe even some mongolian tonight. you are a friend of God!! and of me too!

Doby said...

All of this sounds great. I talked to your mom and she said that she has been reading the blog and stuff. I gave her a picture of all of us at my conformation party. I sent one to your email I don't know if you got it. Oh and I will definently be getting that pod cast.

Kathy said...

Hey,
Dad & I have been following the blog. I got the Skype set-up and tried to reach you, but I must be doing something wrong. We'll need to work on that before Bolivia. Please send your Deane e-mail address to the house.
Received and forwarded the pics home. Can't wait to see them. Glad you and Matt connected and a swim in the Sea of Japan sounds unbelievable. This whole trip seems unbelievable! It's hard to imangine you so far away. Your is our thougts constantly. We're glad that you could go on such a wonderful adventure.
Love You
Mom

joeldaniel said...

heya lynds...
sweet to hear you made it safe & things are going so well. my presentation thing went well today, despite me getting kinda sick over the weekend. can't wait to hear more...skype's ready & waitin' : )

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.