Wednesday, July 4, 2007

day 4 and 5

wow....i am exhausted. there is so much to say, yet it is really hard to put it all into words. The days are packed and I am learning so much. It has been awesome to spend some quality time with Matt and one of his friends from BG, Amber. One highlight I have to mention was that I was able to pray in a group with some Korean students and it was amazing....In Korean culture you all pray aloud and all at the same time. This can get kinda crazy, especially in a place of 20,000! Koreans are very passionate and have beautitful hearts. It really is moving and inspiring. SO....I was able to pray in a group with them, and worship alongside them. The whole time, the language should have been such a barrier, yet the truth of their hearts and the love of Christ was unbelievably universal. Heaven is going to be beautiful. Throughtout all this, we heard from multiple people from closed countries that are very dangerous and where it is illegal to own a bible and/or worship God. They were speaking the truth of what God has done in their lives and on their campuses and in their countries. Some of them who professed did so only through their voices. They were miced and were off stage and unseen because of possible danger. everytime these people come to the stage we are reminded that there are no photos to be taken. (Does this not show you the power of the gospel, that countries and leaders fear a book's power? It's just a book, right?) If this is not powerful enough to you, I sat and listened to a free heart standing courageously with the strength of God, while I, completely free and independent politically, sat quietly on my independence day. When the Lord is for you who can be against you? I face no real harm in sharing the gospel, yet I hesitate. These people are risking their lives, and they speak truth. Inspiring. There is word that one of these countries have sent govenmental agents to take pictures and investigate. scary. the Lord is big. pray for these people.

3 comments:

Doby said...

I think you're absolutely right. I mean one book can bring such harm to millions. Here's an astonishing fact. I think that like 60% of the Worlds war breaks out because of Religion, because of what one man and his father had to say. It's unbelieveable and for these people to speak up when they can be killed for speaking the truth is extremely courageous. For me I don't think I'd be able to do it. That to me is having tremendous FAITH. I will certainly pray for those people and their safety.

ldeane said...

great finish, we'll be home soon. our flight is at 11:40...going through tokyo again, to detriot then to chicago....we'l be to OHare by 3:30. funny we leave tokyo at 3:00 and arrive in Chicago at 3:30...

Doby said...

Have Fun:)