Tuesday, July 17, 2007

update

God continues to blow me away. Interstingly enough, I have found that just by saying hello, you can get some one's entire life story, no questions asked. Sadly, the reason for that seems is possiblily be the lack of real connection and communication in our families and friendships. One thing every person has in common is life, sadly the one things that gets me through life, many people do not have in common with me. I have been almost broken by the number of people that actually have no idea who Jesus is or even what God really is. My generation has no simply heard and denied, but most people I have talked to don't really know who Jesus is, and is really mixed up about God is general. And really want to emphasis that these individuals do not know about Jesus. They have maybe heard his name, but no one has ever told them the gospel or the background or anything. Even more interesting, many people who said they did have a faith did not know really what it was or even why they had it. That is sad. The world is to difficul to not know what you believe, because if you don't know what you believe, I don't think you know who you are....does that make sense...I pray for clarity for people who are confused and lost....for truth. LIfe can be consuming and it doesn't have to be.

3 comments:

ldeane said...

What do you mean by "I don't think you know who you are"? Do you mean that because people without Christ are spiritually dead? Do you mean that because they haven't found their real purpose yet? Just curious to know what you're getting at there.

ldeane said...

m- I think i would say that the depth of life is missing without Christ and that there is an unassuredness (is that a word) that comes with living life of human power and not of God's. I think he still reveals things to nonbelievers, because he is God and everything created is of Him, yet a nonbeliever misses so much because he/she may sum it up to luck or coincidence. There is still a sense of walking on a tight rope and in turn, that is foundationally I suppose that I would say the nonbeliever spiritually dead. thanks for challenging me to think about what I really think.

Doby said...

I think your right. So many people don'y know whats going on in their lives. So its very confusing to them. So when a person like you that has the fire most people don't have walk in. It could make a world of difference.